2 Timothy 1:3-7
3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.
6 For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
- No matter how gifted your child, he or she needs to become a _____________ creation.
- God works through ______________ and nurture. (genetics and environment)
- The spiritual ________________ of children is unloving and harmful.
Three steps to prepare your child for Christ:
- Understand that you, not the church, is responsible for your child.
- Understand that your child is watching your spiritual walk and will follow your lead.
- Understand that your child needs to be involved with other believers in using their talents to bless God and others.